rye copied to clipboard
a Hassle-Free Python Experience
Rye: a Hassle-Free Python Experience
Rye is a comprehensive project and package management solution for Python.
Born from its creator's desire to establish a
one-stop-shop for all Python users, Rye provides a unified experience to install and manages Python
pyproject.toml based projects, dependencies and virtualenvs
seamlessly. It's designed to accommodate complex projects, monorepos and to
facilitate global tool installations. Curious? Watch an introduction.
A hassle-free experience for Python developers at every level.
In The Box
Rye picks and ships the right tools so you can get started in minutes:
- Bootstraps Python: it provides an automated way to get access to the amazing Indygreg Python Builds as well as the PyPy binary distributions.
Linting and Formatting: it bundles ruff and makes it available with
- Managing Virtualenvs: it uses the well established virtualenv library under the hood.
- Building Wheels: it delegates that work largely to build.
- Publishing: its publish command uses twine to accomplish this task.
- Locking and Dependency Installation: is today implemented by using uv with a fallback to unearth and pip-tools.
- Workspace support: Rye lets you work with complex projects consisting of multiple libraries.
The installation takes just a minute:
Linux and macOS:
curl -sSf https://rye-up.com/get | bash
For more details and other options, refer to the installation instructions.
Did I spark your interest?