h2ogpt copied to clipboard
Private Q&A and summarization of documents+images or chat with local GPT, 100% private, no data leaks, Apache 2.0. Demo: https://gpt.h2o.ai/
Turn ★ into ⭐ (top-right corner) if you like the project!
Query and summarize your documents (PDFs, Excel, Word, Images, Code, Text, MarkDown, etc.) or just chat using local private GPT LLMs (Falcon, Vicuna, WizardLM including AutoGPTQ) sourced from vector database (Chroma, FAISS, Weaviate) using accurate embeddings (instruct-large, all-MiniLM-L6-v1, etc.). Supports Linux, Windows, or MAC for both CPU and GPU. Clean UI or CLI supported with LLM streaming, with bake-off mode against any number of models in UI. OpenAI-compliant Python client access to the server.
- Live h2oGPT Document Q/A Demo
- 🤗 Live h2oGPT Chat Demo 1
- 🤗 Live h2oGPT Chat Demo 2
- h2oGPT CPU
- h2oGPT GPU
- YouTube: 100% Offline ChatGPT Alternative?
- YouTube: Ultimate Open-Source LLM Showdown (6 Models Tested) - Surprising Results!
- YouTube: Blazing Fast Falcon 40b 🚀 Uncensored, Open-Source, Fully Hosted, Chat With Your Docs
- Technical Paper: https://arxiv.org/pdf/2306.08161.pdf
YouTube 4K version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iktbj4obAI
- Supported OS and Hardware
- Apache V2 ChatBot with LangChain Integration
- Apache V2 Data Preparation code, Training code, and Models
- TLDR Install & Run
- GPU (CUDA)
- Windows 10/11
- CLI chat
- Gradio UI
- Client API
- Connect to Inference Servers
- Python Wheel
- LangChain file types supported
- CLI Database control
- Why h2oGPT for Doc Q&A
- Useful Links
- Why H2O.ai?
Supported OS and Hardware
GPU mode requires CUDA support via torch and transformers. A 6.9B (or 12GB) model in 8-bit uses 8GB (or 13GB) of GPU memory. 8-bit precision, 4-bit precision, and AutoGPTQ can further reduce memory requirements down no more than about 6.5GB when asking a question about your documents (see low-memory mode).
CPU mode uses GPT4ALL and LLaMa.cpp, e.g. gpt4all-j, requiring about 14GB of system RAM in typical use.
GPU and CPU mode tested on variety of NVIDIA GPUs in Ubuntu 18-22, but any modern Linux variant should work. MACOS support tested on Macbook Pro running Monterey v12.3.1 using CPU mode, as well as MAC M1 using MPS.
Apache V2 ChatBot with LangChain Integration
See how we compare to other tools like PrivateGPT, see our comparisons.
- LangChain equipped Chatbot integration and streaming responses
- Persistent database using Chroma and Weaviate or in-memory with FAISS
- Original content url links and scores to rank content against query
- Private offline database of any documents (PDFs, Images, and many more)
- Upload documents via chatbot into shared space or only allow scratch space
- Control data sources and the context provided to LLM
- Efficient use of context using instruct-tuned LLMs (no need for many examples)
- API for client-server control
- CPU and GPU support from variety of HF models, and CPU support using GPT4ALL and LLaMa cpp
- Linux, MAC, and Windows support
Apache V2 Data Preparation code, Training code, and Models
- Variety of models (h2oGPT, WizardLM, Vicuna, OpenAssistant, etc.) supported
- Fully Commercially Apache V2 code, data and models
- High-Quality data cleaning of large open-source instruction datasets
- LoRA and QLoRA (low-rank approximation) efficient 4-bit, 8-bit and 16-bit fine-tuning and generation
- Large (up to 65B parameters) models built on commodity or enterprise GPUs (single or multi node)
- Evaluate performance using RLHF-based reward models
- Hugging Face models and datasets on 🤗 H2O.ai's Hugging Face page.
Also check out H2O LLM Studio for our no-code LLM fine-tuning framework!
- Integration of code and resulting LLMs with downstream applications and low/no-code platforms
- Complement h2oGPT chatbot with search and other APIs
- High-performance distributed training of larger models on trillion tokens
- Enhance the model's code completion, reasoning, and mathematical capabilities, ensure factual correctness, minimize hallucinations, and avoid repetitive output
- Add other tools like search
- Add agents for SQL and CSV question/answer
First one needs a Python 3.10 environment. For help installing a Python 3.10 environment, see Install Python 3.10 Environment. On newer Ubuntu systems and environment may be installed by just doing:
sudo apt-get install -y build-essential gcc python3.10-dev virtualenv -p python3 h2ogpt source h2ogpt/bin/activate
or use conda:
conda create -n h2ogpt -y conda activate h2ogpt conda install python=3.10 -c conda-forge -y
Check your installation by doing:
python --version # should say 3.10.xx pip --version # should say pip 23.x.y ... (python 3.10)
On some systems,
pip still refers back to the system one, then one can use
python -m pip or
pip3 instead of
pip or try
python3 instead of
For MACOS and Windows 10/11 please follow their instructions.
On Ubuntu, after Python 3.10 environment installed do:
git clone https://github.com/h2oai/h2ogpt.git cd h2ogpt # fix any bad env pip uninstall -y pandoc pypandoc pypandoc-binary # broad support, but no training-time or data creation dependencies # CPU only: pip install -r requirements.txt --extra-index https://download.pytorch.org/whl/cpu # GPU only: pip install -r requirements.txt --extra-index https://download.pytorch.org/whl/cu118
# Required for Doc Q/A: LangChain: pip install -r reqs_optional/requirements_optional_langchain.txt # Required for CPU: LLaMa/GPT4All: pip install -r reqs_optional/requirements_optional_gpt4all.txt # Optional: PyMuPDF/ArXiv: pip install -r reqs_optional/requirements_optional_langchain.gpllike.txt # Optional: Selenium/PlayWright: pip install -r reqs_optional/requirements_optional_langchain.urls.txt # Optional: support docx, pptx, ArXiv, etc. required by some python packages sudo apt-get install -y libmagic-dev poppler-utils tesseract-ocr libreoffice # Optional: for supporting unstructured package python -m nltk.downloader all # Optional: For AutoGPTQ support on x86_64 linux pip uninstall -y auto-gptq ; CUDA_HOME=/usr/local/cuda-11.8 GITHUB_ACTIONS=true pip install auto-gptq --no-cache-dir
See AutoGPTQ for more details for AutoGPTQ and other GPU installation aspects.
Place all documents in
user_path or upload in UI (Help with UI).
UI using GPU with at least 24GB with streaming:
python generate.py --base_model=h2oai/h2ogpt-oasst1-512-12b --load_8bit=True --score_model=None --langchain_mode='UserData' --user_path=user_path
UI using CPU
wget https://huggingface.co/TheBloke/WizardLM-7B-uncensored-GGML/resolve/main/WizardLM-7B-uncensored.ggmlv3.q8_0.bin python generate.py --base_model='llama' --prompt_type=wizard2 --score_model=None --langchain_mode='UserData' --user_path=user_path
If using OpenAI for the LLM is ok, but you want documents to be parsed and embedded locally, then do:
python generate.py --inference_server=openai_chat --base_model=gpt-3.5-turbo --score_model=None
and perhaps you want better image caption performance and focus local GPU on that, then do:
python generate.py --inference_server=openai_chat --base_model=gpt-3.5-turbo --score_model=None --captions_model=Salesforce/blip2-flan-t5-xl
--share=True to make gradio server visible via sharable URL. If you see an error about protobuf, try:
pip install protobuf==3.20.0
Once all files are downloaded, the CLI and UI can be run in offline mode, see offline mode.
- To create a development environment for training and generation, follow the installation instructions.
- To fine-tune any LLM models on your data, follow the fine-tuning instructions.
- To create a container for deployment, follow the Docker instructions.
- To run h2oGPT tests, run
pip install requirements-parser ; pytest -s -v tests client/tests
Flash attention support, see Flash Attention
Docker for inference.
README for LangChain
More Links, context, competitors, models, datasets
- Some training code was based upon March 24 version of Alpaca-LoRA.
- Used high-quality created data by OpenAssistant.
- Used base models by EleutherAI.
- Used OIG data created by LAION.
- #1 open-source machine learning platform for the enterprise H2O-3
- The world's best AutoML (Automatic Machine Learning) with H2O Driverless AI
- No-Code Deep Learning with H2O Hydrogen Torch
- Document Processing with Deep Learning in Document AI
We also built platforms for deployment and monitoring, and for data wrangling and governance:
- H2O MLOps to deploy and monitor models at scale
- H2O Feature Store in collaboration with AT&T
- Open-source Low-Code AI App Development Frameworks Wave and Nitro
- Open-source Python datatable (the engine for H2O Driverless AI feature engineering)
Many of our customers are creating models and deploying them enterprise-wide and at scale in the H2O AI Cloud:
We are proud to have over 25 (of the world's 280) Kaggle Grandmasters call H2O home, including three Kaggle Grandmasters who have made it to world #1.
Please read this disclaimer carefully before using the large language model provided in this repository. Your use of the model signifies your agreement to the following terms and conditions.
- Biases and Offensiveness: The large language model is trained on a diverse range of internet text data, which may contain biased, racist, offensive, or otherwise inappropriate content. By using this model, you acknowledge and accept that the generated content may sometimes exhibit biases or produce content that is offensive or inappropriate. The developers of this repository do not endorse, support, or promote any such content or viewpoints.
- Limitations: The large language model is an AI-based tool and not a human. It may produce incorrect, nonsensical, or irrelevant responses. It is the user's responsibility to critically evaluate the generated content and use it at their discretion.
- Use at Your Own Risk: Users of this large language model must assume full responsibility for any consequences that may arise from their use of the tool. The developers and contributors of this repository shall not be held liable for any damages, losses, or harm resulting from the use or misuse of the provided model.
- Ethical Considerations: Users are encouraged to use the large language model responsibly and ethically. By using this model, you agree not to use it for purposes that promote hate speech, discrimination, harassment, or any form of illegal or harmful activities.
- Reporting Issues: If you encounter any biased, offensive, or otherwise inappropriate content generated by the large language model, please report it to the repository maintainers through the provided channels. Your feedback will help improve the model and mitigate potential issues.
- Changes to this Disclaimer: The developers of this repository reserve the right to modify or update this disclaimer at any time without prior notice. It is the user's responsibility to periodically review the disclaimer to stay informed about any changes.
By using the large language model provided in this repository, you agree to accept and comply with the terms and conditions outlined in this disclaimer. If you do not agree with any part of this disclaimer, you should refrain from using the model and any content generated by it.