backstage copied to clipboard
Backstage is an open platform for building developer portals
English | 한국어 | 中文版
What is Backstage?
Backstage is an open platform for building developer portals. Powered by a centralized software catalog, Backstage restores order to your microservices and infrastructure and enables your product teams to ship high-quality code quickly without compromising autonomy.
Backstage unifies all your infrastructure tooling, services, and documentation to create a streamlined development environment from end to end.
Out of the box, Backstage includes:
- Backstage Software Catalog for managing all your software such as microservices, libraries, data pipelines, websites, and ML models
- Backstage Software Templates for quickly spinning up new projects and standardizing your tooling with your organization’s best practices
- Backstage TechDocs for making it easy to create, maintain, find, and use technical documentation, using a "docs like code" approach
- Plus, a growing ecosystem of open source plugins that further expand Backstage’s customizability and functionality
For information about the detailed project roadmap including delivered milestones, see the Roadmap.
To start using Backstage, see the Getting Started documentation.
The documentation of Backstage includes:
- Main documentation
- Software Catalog
- Architecture (Decisions)
- Designing for Backstage
- Storybook - UI components
To engage with our community, you can use the following resources:
- Discord chatroom - Get support or discuss the project
- Contributing to Backstage - Start here if you want to contribute
- RFCs - Help shape the technical direction
- FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
- Code of Conduct - This is how we roll
- Adopters - Companies already using Backstage
- Blog - Announcements and updates
- Newsletter - Subscribe to our email newsletter
- Backstage Community Sessions - Join monthly meetups and explore Backstage community
- Give us a star ⭐️ - If you are using Backstage or think it is an interesting project, we would love a star ❤️
Copyright 2020-2024 © The Backstage Authors. All rights reserved. The Linux Foundation has registered trademarks and uses trademarks. For a list of trademarks of The Linux Foundation, please see our Trademark Usage page: https://www.linuxfoundation.org/trademark-usage
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0: http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
Please report sensitive security issues using Spotify's bug-bounty program rather than GitHub.
For further details, see our complete security release process.